Your employer must protect you from harm
Your employer has a duty to ensure that they have adopted preventative measures to ensure that you can come to work and be safe from harm. If you have had an injury whilst at work, which is not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation.
Your employer must protect employees, contractors and visitors from injuries and accidents and they must protect them against the consequences of such risk through a number of measures including;
- Providing full and proper training;
- Undertaking health and safety risk assessments;
- Providing proper safety clothing and/or equipment;
- Ensuring the premises are clean and safe for work;
- Providing first aid equipment to prepare for any injury;
- Ensuring any vehicles have been routinely inspected and maintained;
- Providing equipment for extinguishing and minimising the spread of fire;
- Ensuring machinery undergoes maintenance to ensure it is safe and suitable for work;
- Providing protection against respiratory diseases – Asbestos Related Claims;
- Providing protections against loud noises – Industrial Hearing Loss;
Accidents suffered at work can have very serious consequences. They may prevent you from working, caring for your family properly or prevent you from enjoying your favourite pastimes.
We have successfully recovered compensation in the following circumstances;
- Industrial cases;
- Exposure to chemicals cases;
- Exposure to asbestos dust;
- Accidents as a result of unsafe or faulty machinery;
- Slips and trips at work;
- Trapped by or impacted by falling objects;
- Lack of safety clothing and/or equipment;
- Unsafe work systems.
To succeed in an action against your employer you must be able to prove that your employer did not take reasonable steps to prevent you from sustaining an injury whilst at work. We can quickly assess whether your accident can be attributable to the negligence of your employer. If so, you will be entitled to compensation. You need to have confidence that your solicitor will be able to appropriately value the level of compensation you deserve. You will be entitled to any loss of earnings caused by your accident.
For over 30 years Boyd Rice Solicitors have been representing clients who suffered injuries as a result of accidents in work.
If you have been involved in an accident at work please contact one of the injury claims team on 02891 817715, by email email@example.com or complete our Online Enquiry and let us explain how we can help you.
We offer a free initial consultation where we will confidentially discuss the circumstances of your accident and will assess how we can assist you in the best way possible. We use leading experts to investigate accidents and our team of medical practitioners are extremely experienced.
You will be under no obligation to instruct us and we will be delighted to advise in any way that we can. Please do not let funding concerns deter you from getting in touch with us. We will discuss all available ways to fund your case enabling you to make a fully informed decision as to whether you wish to proceed with the claim. “No Win No Fee” payment arrangements are not permitted in Northern Ireland however you may be entitled to legal costs insurance or legal aid. We seek to recover your legal costs from the party that has caused your injury.